investingfromtheright

I am retired and take educated guesses on all things financial.

June 26, 2007

June 26, 2007: More stock ideas off a criteria:Large Cap


"I feel strongly both ways" - average (successful) politician

That is how I feel at this stage of the stock market. My portfolios are holding steady to very slightly up the past month. Dividend-rich stocks have helped, but their price has been reduced a bit due to inflation fears. So, I took a few minutes off of renovating a pretty challenging 36 unit duplex complex courtesy of La Salle Bank and the courts. I am in charge of getting the place up to speed and I don't know whether to thank or head slap the attorney who recommended me for he operation.
One thing, I am having some fun with it. If I can change one or more of the seventy-two plus residents on public welfare to become self-reliant and a Republican while fixing the mess up, I will be happy.I would love to see some pandering Democrat politicians here to see what giving free goodies out for votes actually does to the human spirit.

The following screen consist of large cap stocks that have a low PE and PEG valuation as of today. This list is not a recommendation, just some ideas for you to wade through during this choppy time.

Allstate (ALL)
Banco Bradesco SA (BBD)
Unilever (UN)
XL Capital Ltd. (XL)
ACE Limited (ACE)
Valero Energy (VLO)
Travelers Insurance (TRV)
Deutsche Bank AG (DB)
Allied Irish Bank (AIB)
SK Telecom Ltd. (SKM)
Merrill Lynch (MER)
Morgan Stanley (MS)
Lehman Brothers Holdings (LEH)
Goldman Sachs (GS)
Chesapeake Energy (CHK)
Bank of Ireland (IRE)
CNOOC Ltd. (CEO)
Fannie Mae (FNM)
Freeport-McMoran Copper and Gold (FCX)
Sasol Ltd. (SSL)
CIT Group (CIT)
France Telecom (FTE)
Baker Hughes (BHI)
Aluminum Corp. of China (ACH)
XTO Energy (XTO)
UBS AG (UBS)
Cummins (CMI)
BASF AG (BF)
Global SanteFe (GSF)
Rio Tinto plc (RTP)
ASML Holdings NV (ASML)
Huaneng Power International (HNP)
Noble Corp. (NE)
Applied Materials (AMAT)
Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO)
Transocean Inc. (RIG)
Koninklijke Ahold NV (AHO)
National Oilwell-Varco Inc. (NOV)


Good luck and good hunting.